Monday, December 18, 2006

day 5 (December 18, 2006)

when rob arrived at the hospital this morning (I stayed home to rest, because I wasn't feeling 100% and just can't risk getting myself sick), he was surprised with news that they were thinking of transferring Asher to the Level 2 nursery (a step-down nursery of the NICU, mostly for babies who are just growing and feeding). he set up a time for me to do kangaroo care, and they planned to move him after that. however, when we arrived this evening, he had had several spells of apnea and bradycardia, so they decided to keep him there for now.

it was still a great evening, though. Judah got to meet his little brother for the first time, and I got to do kangaroo care for close to an hour. Asher really seemed to enjoy snuggling with his mommy, and I loved being so close to him again.

Some further positive news is that at his weigh-in tonight, Asher weighed 1346 grams (up 17 grams!). his first weight gain! that's about 2 lbs 15 1/2 oz., so still very small, but gaining is great!

No comments: