Today was an exciting day!
When we arrived at the hospital for a visit this afternoon, we were a little worried, because the nurse said she and the doctor had been concerned about Asher this morning. After over 60 hours without any spells of apnea or bradycardia, he had several quite close together, and also had a slightly high temperature. However, they did a CBC and it came back negative, which means he doesn't have an infection. Thank goodness!
After the nurse told us this, she had some positive news - the doctor said that I could try putting baby to the breast! I've been looking forward to this, but wasn't expecting it today. We came back about half an hour before his 6:00 feed so we could try him at the breast. He did very well for the first time! It will still take him a little bit to learn to latch properly, but he was definitely trying and was awake and alert the whole time! I will now be trying to nurse him one feed per day! What exciting progress!
Saturday, January 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hi there! One of your friends told me about your blog on a message board. I was just told that I have a bicornuate uterus- I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have no clue what to expect. Congratulations on your new little boy! I'm going to enjoy reading your blog!
Have a great day!
-Desiree
Awwwwww, what a honey!! He's so adorable guys!! We are praying for him everyday! That's so great that he is 4 pounds now:) Wow, you got to nurse---that must have been so great! Keep us posted. Love you lots! Ames
Hey Karen,
Derrick and I were just listening to the radio and there was talk about having a bicornuate uterus. Apparently 1 in 1000 women have it and the guys on the radio were saying some woman just had triplets with this condition. I thought it was pretty remarkable that all survived.
I'm glad to see that Asher is doing well and growing. He looks alittle bit like Rob in those photos. Do you ever compare the pics of Judah and Asher and see if they look alike?
I'm glad you got to breast feed Asher. How exciting!
Check out those pudgy cheeks!!! He's getting so big! Thanks for sharing your pictures with me!!
awww, kare and rob, He's adorable! Thanks for posting some newer pictures! This is the only way I get to see and hear about him while I'm away during the week! Love you guys!
Rachel
Post a Comment